Learn how to do standing cable curls. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
Isolate and build! Using the cable machine to work your biceps ensures you maintain resistance on both the curl up and return.
Attach the long bent bar to the lowest setting on a cable machine. Stand facing the machine with your feet slightly staggered. Hold the bar with your arms fully extended down toward the floor. Hold the bar in an easy open-handed grip, with your hands about shoulder-width apart in front of your groin. Keep your elbows in front of your body line and make sure they stay there throughout the movement.
1. From the starting position, use a scooping motion to lift the bent bar up in a curl. Keep the top half of your arms stationary as you curl the bar up toward your chest. Make sure you lift with your biceps and not with your shoulders or body; keep your core engaged and do not swing your body.
2. When you reach the top of the curl, flex your biceps to make sure you get the full range of motion, and then reverse the movement and return the bar to the starting position. Resist the weight all the way down. Do not fully lock your elbow at the bottom, and move right into the next curl without allowing your bicep to rest.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades