Learn how to do low cable bent bar squat and curl holding the bar high. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
The constant cable tension in this combo bicep and leg exercise serves a dual purpose, providing excellent resistance for both your curls and your squats.
Attach a bent cable curl bar to the low setting on a cable machine (just above the floor). Stand upright facing the machine with the bar held in both hands down at your sides. Your hands should be shoulder-width apart and your palms facing away from you. Keeping your upper arms close to your body, bend your elbows to bring your hands up to just under your chin at the top of a curl. Your palms will now be facing you.
1. From the starting position, keep your elbows bent and the bar held steady below your chin as you sit back and down into a squat. Keep your weight in your heels as you press your hips back behind you, making sure your back remains flat and your chest raised. Your shoulders should not come ahead of your knees.
2. From the bottom of your squat, push through your legs and rise back up to standing, keeping your elbows bent and the curl bar close to you.
3. From the standing position, perform a bicep curl, straightening your elbows and lowering your hands in front of you, until your arms extend nearly straight down and the bar is in front of your upper thighs.
4. Reverse the motion and bend your elbows again and curl the bar back up. Keep your elbows and upper arm in at your torso as you do this.
5. As soon as your arms are back at starting position, descend into your next squat. Continue alternating squats with bicep curls for the recommended number of reps.