Learn how to do single-arm alternating dumbbell curls. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
Single-arm alternating dumbbell curls work the biceps of each arm individually while overlapping reps to get your heart rate up.
Stand upright with feet about hip-width apart and dumbbells held in each hand at your sides with your palms facing up and dumbbells held in an easy, open-handed grip. Hold your elbows in front of your ribs.
1. From the starting position, keep your upper arm stationary and shoulders retracted as you do a full bicep curl with one arm. Begin the curl with a scooping motion to lengthen the muscle before flexion. Keep your elbow in front of your ribs as you bring your hand up toward your shoulder. Flex your bicep fully at the top of the movement.
2. From the top of the curl, reverse direction and begin lowering the weight back down, resisting the weight with your biceps as you lower the dumbbell. As you begin lowering that arm from the top of your curl, start curling with the other arm, such that the hands pass each other at the midpoint of the curls, one going up and the other going down.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades