Learn how to do seated dumbbell hammer curls. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
Dumbbell hammer curls isolate and build the brachialis portion of the biceps muscle, making them a great addition to your biceps program.
Sit on the short end of a flat bench with a dumbbell in each hand at your sides with your palms facing inward in an easy, open-handed grip. Hold your elbows in front of your ribs; this will help keep the biceps muscle engaged throughout the movement, and will prevent you from inadvertently swinging your body to lift the weight, an activity that makes trainers cringe.
1. From the starting position, keep your upper arms stationary and curl both weights up at the same time until you fully flex the muscle. Use a scooping motion as you begin lifting in order to lengthen the muscles before starting flexion. Do not alternate the weights. Keep your core engaged, your wrists straight, and your elbows in front of your ribs throughout the movement. At the top of the lift, flex your biceps.
2. When you have reached the top of the movement, reverse the motion and bring the weights slowly back down to the starting position, using your biceps to resist the weight as you lower the dumbbells. Be sure to keep your biceps engaged as you bring the weights back down. Do not fully lock your elbow at the bottom of the movement, and do not rest—begin your next curl immediately.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades