Learn how to do tube assisted dumbbell curls. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
Turn your body into a cable machine by doing curls with dumbbells and a tube simultaneously. How you stand on the tube controls the difficulty of the exercise, allowing for endless variations and adaptability. By the end of this intense set, regular dumbbell curls will seem like child's play.
Stand upright with a dumbbell in each hand, with palms facing inward. Take an exercise tube and hold one handle in each hand, along with the dumbbells. Allow the center of the tube to rest on the floor, and stand on it one foot. Place the other foot on the floor at about hip distance from the foot on the tube. Stand upright with arms at your sides and palms facing forward, with knees very slightly bent. To reduce the intensity of this exercise, instead of standing on the tube, wrap it around a pole or other fixed point behind you at the level of your feet.
1. From the starting position, curl both hands quickly upward, lifting both the dumbbells and the tube handles. Keep your upper arms close to your body throughout this motion. Keep your core engaged, your wrists straight, and your elbows in front of your ribs throughout the movement.
2.When you have reached the top of the movement, reverse the motion and bring the weights swiftly back down to the starting position. Be sure to keep your biceps engaged as you bring the weights back down.
3.Continue to do the curls in a quick but controlled manner with one foot on the tube until you have completed one quarter of the reps in the set. As you begin the second quarter of the set, add intensity to the exercise by placing both feet side-by-side on the tube. Add further intensity in the third quarter of the set by taking your feet wide, still standing on the tube. For the final quarter of the set, remove your feet from the tubes and complete the set with only the dumbbells.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades