Learn how to do rope hammer curls. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
Two-handed rope hammer curls are a great way to target the brachialis portion of the biceps.
Stand facing a cable machine and attach a double-ended rope handle to the cable on the low setting. Take one handle in each hand, with your arms extended downward at shoulder-width apart, your palms facing each other and your thumbs up. Take a light grip; your pinkies should rest against the rope ends. Keep your elbow soft (never locked straight) and your upper arm close to your body. Try to keep your elbow slightly in front of the midline of your hip throughout the exercise to keep weight in the bicep muscle.
1. From the starting position, bend your elbow to curl your hand up toward your upper arm. Start the upward motion of the curl with a slight scooping motion through your pinkies to engage the muscle. Keep your elbow down as you do so, and do not let your upper arm swing—it should stay perfectly still throughout the exercise. Curl all the way up to full flexion. At the top of curl, briefly tweak your hands slightly out to the sides to engage the brachialis.
2. Do not pause at the top of your motion; you should not rest at either the top or bottom of the curl. Immediately begin lowering your arm back to the starting position to complete the curl, resisting the weight of the plates all the way down.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades