This version of the chest press is ideal for those who may not have weights available. It is also great if you are simply looking to try something new. For this exercise, you will need two gallon-size water jugs. Fill the jugs with water as needed.
First, grasp both water jugs and lie down on a bench with your feet flat on the floor. Position the water jugs directly over your head. Your arms should be straight. Next, slowly lower the water jugs to the outside of the chest area. You should feel a light stretch in your chest muscles at the bottom of the movement. Finally, push the jugs back up to the starting position.
Notes: Be sure to perform this exercise in a controlled fashion. Avoid locking your elbows when they are extended. Exhale as you press the gallon jugs upward.
Lie down on bench. Grasp gallon jugs and fully extend arms.
Slowly lower the gallon jugs to chest area. You should feel a light stretch in the chest muscles.
Press the water jugs back to starting position. Repeat the exercise.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades