If you are looking for something different for the back muscles, consider the alternating pullover exercise. The largest muscle in the back is scientifically known as the latissimus dorsi. You might see it referred to as the "lats" or "wings." The lats are used any time you pull something. For example, when you open a fridge or a car door, you are primarily using your lat muscles. Here is how this exercise is done:
Begin by lying down on a stability ball. Position the ball on your upper back. With dumbbells in each hand, extend both arms directly over your head (Note: The elbows can be slightly bent, but they must stay locked into position). Slowly lower one dumbbell backward until it is parallel to the floor. The dumbbell in the opposite hand should be lowered forward toward the thigh. Perform the movement of both arms simultaneously in repeated fashion.
Position ball on upper back. Keep elbows locked. Simultaneously extend one arm forward and the other backward.
Repeat the exercise several times.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades