The 45 degree leg press is a great way to work the muscles of the hip and thigh. You might see 45 degree leg press machine referred to as a "hip sled." This exercise is commonly used as an alternative to the squat. Instructions for the 45 degree leg press are as follows:
First, sit in the leg press seat and position your feet on the platform. Your feet should be slightly wider than shoulder width apart and turned outward. Next, disengage the platform from the rack. Slowly bend your knees to lower the weight. Be sure to allow your knees follow the angle that your feet are pointing. Finally, press the weight back to the starting position, just short of locking your knees. Exhale as you press the weight up.
Sit in machine. Disengage platform sled from rack.
Slowly lower the platform.
Press the weight back up, just short of locking knees. Breathe out.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades