Learn how to do seated one leg presses. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
The seated one-leg press is a safe and effective way to focus on building the leg muscles without putting extra stress on the lower back. Leg presses build strength and increase volume in the quads, hamstrings, and glutes, and can prepare you for more-intense exercises like the squat. To emphasize the quadriceps, push the weight more with the balls of your feet. To emphasize your hamstrings and glutes, push the weight fully through your heels.
Quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes
Start by sitting on a sled leg press machine with your feet a little more than hip-width apart, your arms by your sides, and your knees slightly bent.
1. When you are seated in the leg press sled, use your leg and the balls of your feet to drive the weight away from you so that your leg is extended. Avoid locking your knee.
2. From the extended position, reverse the motion and slowly bring the sled back toward you by bending your leg, keeping strong resistance in the leg muscles throughout.
3. To keep the concentration in your glutes and hamstrings, use the heels of your feet to push the weight back up. After you have completed a set with one leg, reverse legs and repeat.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades