Learn how to do dumbbell chest press incline reduction (incline to decline). Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
These monster sets of chest presses will work your pecs from top to bottom, and then bottom to top. Use the adjustable incline bench for a circuit of presses, going from incline to flat to decline.
Set an incline bench at 45 degrees above horizontal and sit on it with your back against the bench and a dumbbell in each hand. Engaging your center to prevent your back from arching and extend your arms straight toward the ceiling, with your palms facing your feet and your hands shoulder-width apart. Retract your shoulder blades and keep your chest high and back flat throughout the entire set.
1. From the starting position, begin bending your elbows as you lower the weights down toward your chest. Lower the dumbbells until your elbows are at a 90-degree angle and are level with your back; your hands will be beside your chest, with your palms still facing your feet, and your elbows bent at more than a 90-degree angle. Remember to bring your hands down in a vertical line, rather than following the angle of your upper body.
2. Reverse direction and press the dumbbells back up to the starting position. Keep your chest engaged at the top of the lift. It is important on all chest presses to keep the flexion in your chest throughout the movement instead of allowing your chest to turn off or rest at top of motion. Repeat the incline press for the recommended number of reps, and then sit up and lower the back rest of the bench until it is horizontal.
3. Do the same number of flat bench presses as you did incline presses.
4. Adjust the back rest of the bench until it is slightly to moderately below horizontal (the bench will be less than 45 degrees below horizontal). Repeat the exercise, doing the same number of chest presses in the decline position as you did in the incline and flat position.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades