Learn how to do incline barbell presses. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
Build a well-rounded and proportional chest—the incline variation of the classic barbell chest press targets the upper area of the pectoral muscles.
Set an incline bench at a 45-degree angle and sit with your back to the raised end of the bench. Take a barbell in both hands, with hands shoulder-width apart and your palms facing toward your feet. Keeping your shoulder blades together and your chest lifted (so that you feel as though our shoulders are behind your chest), press the barbell straight up toward the ceiling, until your arms are almost fully extended. Make sure you have flexion in your chest before you begin to move the bar.
1. From the starting position, keep the flexion in your chest as you begin bending your elbows and pulling the barbell down toward your chest. The bar should not touch your chest at the bottom of your lift—instead, judge how far to go by your elbows, which should go only as far as level with your back, and no farther.
2. Keep your shoulder blades together and your shoulders back as you press straight up, back to the starting position. It is very important that you not pop your shoulders toward the ceiling as your arms come up—keep your shoulders back and down.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades