Learn how to do dumbbell straight-leg deadlift and dumbbell rows. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
The dumbbell straight leg dead lift and dead row combines these two challenging exercises into a tough workout for your leg and back muscles.
Stand with your feet hip-width apart and knees slightly bent, holding dumbbells in each hand in front of your thighs with your palms facing inward toward your legs. Engage your lower back and abdominal muscles to stabilize your core.
1. From the starting position, slowly bend over at the waist until your upper body is at a 90-degree angle to your legs. Keep your back as straight as possible and your neck in line with your spine throughout the movement. As you descend, allow the dumbbells to hang straight down in front of you.
2. When your upper body is at a 90-degree angle and the weights are in front of you, perform a dead row. To do a dead row, use your upper back muscles to pull the dumbbells up to your chest.
3. When you have brought the dumbbells up to your chest, reverse the motion and slowly lower them back down until your arms are hanging straight down.
4. From the bottom of the dead row, use your hamstrings and glutes (butt) to lift your body back up to the starting position. Remember to engage your lower back and abdominal muscles as you lift to stabilize your core. The weights will follow you back up to starting position.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades