Build up your thighs and butt with this simple, effective exercise. Learn how to do a leg press with this how to video.
You Will Need
* A leg press machine
Step 1: Adjust machine
Adjust the machine so that your back rests against the back pad when your legs are extended.
Step 2: Load machine w/ weight
Load the machine with weight.
Step 3: Release weight & lower
With your legs about shoulder width apart, release the weight and slowly lower it until your legs form 90-degree angles.
*Tip: Don't let your legs bend beyond 90 degrees—it's hard on your knees.
Step 4: Push weight back up
Pushing from your hips, press the weight back up, driving from your heels until your legs are extended but not locked at the knee.
*Tip: For an added calf exercise, press up onto your toes.
Step 5: Re-lock the weight
When you are done doing presses, re-lock the weight before standing up. Take it easy — you'll probably be feeling the burn!
The evangelical preacher Pat Robertson claims to have leg-pressed 2,000 pounds, roughly the combined weight of five American black bears.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades