Learn how to do power press single leg presses. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
For these leg presses, you'll choose an amount of weight that presents a challenge, but not so much that you can't add some speed and thrust to your movement. You'll be working to develop speed and power in a single exercise.
Sit at a leg press machine. Put one foot on the floor of the machine and elevate the other foot to press firmly against the foot plate.
1. From the starting position, bend your knee and lower the plate in toward you; keep your toes and foot straight and your knee in line with your foot as you lower the plate.
2. When your knee is nearly at your chest, reverse direction and press the plate away from you with your bent leg by straightening your leg. Keep your knee in line with your foot and try to distribute pressure evenly across your foot, both from the heel to the ball of your foot and from big toe to pinky. As you press, try to generate some speed and thrust even as you maintain a controlled press.
3. Repeat the number of recommended reps with one leg, then switch legs and repeat on the other side.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades