Learn how to do narrow grip seated rows. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
Seated rows develop the entire complex of muscles in the upper back. Success depends on isolating those muscles to perform the row—your lower back would like to arch, and your biceps would love to do all the lifting. Don't let them.
Back (lats, traps, rhomboids)
Sit straddling a flat bench with its short end facing a cable machine and the cable set at a point level with your chest (and not above). Attach a double handle to the cable. Take one handle in each hand with your thumbs on top and palms facing each other, keeping your elbows low and slightly bent.
1. From the starting position, keep your shoulder blades together as you bend your elbows and pull your hands directly back toward your abs. Keep your elbows close to your sides and think of using your pinkie fingers as you draw your elbows back, trying to use your back muscles rather than your biceps. At the limit of your motion, you should feel like you are wrapping your elbows slightly around your back.
2. Extend your arms forward back to the starting position, keeping your thumbs up and your elbows low as your arms come forward.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades