Learn how to do wide grip lat pull downs. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
When done properly, wide-grip lat pull-downs will help you build a broader, stronger back and improve your posture. When done improperly, they'll wrench your back out of whack. If you want that sexy "V" shape between your shoulders and your waist, this is a keeper.
Lats (triangular muscles on either side of the back)
Seat yourself at a cable station beneath a long-bar attachment suspended from the cable. Stabilize yourself using the pads above the knees. Reach up and grip with bar with palms facing away from you, hands a little more than shoulder width apart.
1. From the starting position, pull the bar downward toward your chest. Keep your shoulders down throughout the movement. As you pull down, broaden your chest, pull through your pinkies and slightly tuck your elbows a little bit forward to isolate your lats.
2. Bring the bar close to your chest, as you exhale and squeeze your lats.
3. Slowly resist the upward motion of the bar as you return to the starting position. Repeat until the set is complete, and do a total of four sets.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades