Learn how to do wide reverse grip pull downs. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
For this variation of the classic lat pull-down, you'll use a reverse grip and hold at the moment of full flexion—with nothing to support you but your core. Remember, back and front should develop in tandem. This exercise makes sure they do.
Seat yourself at a cable station beneath a wide neutral-grip bar suspended from the cable. Reach up and grip with bar with palms facing in towards you, hands a little more than shoulder width apart.
1. From the starting position, pull the bar down in front of you and in toward your chest and rib cage. As you pull, keep your chest lifted and your shoulders back; this may cause a slight arch in your lower back. As you pull the bar down, tuck your elbows down and in toward you.
2. When you have pulled the bar to a full flexion through your lats, hold in the fully flexed position for a full second. As you hold, resist the temptation to press your legs against the leg brace—instead, support yourself through your core and upper back. After a second, slowly release the cable back to the starting position, resisting the tug of the weights as you release.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades