Learn how to do incline calf presses. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
As their name suggests, incline calf presses strengthen your calf muscles, which power your spring for jumping and running movements. This exercise can be done while resting between incline leg presses, giving you a full leg workout.
Seated on the incline press machine, place the balls of your feet on the pad, no more than shoulder-width apart. Keep your knees slightly bent. Before you begin this exercise, make sure the safety handles on each side of the machine are locked.
1. From the starting position, push the pad with the balls of your feet, as if you were going to spring off the platform. Push as far as you can so that you feel the flex in your calves.
2. Hold the flex position for a second before returning to the starting position.
3. Repeat the motion 12 times, then rest for eight seconds with your calves in the stretched-out position. Do another set of 12 reps, then rest eight seconds again. Finish by doing as many reps as possible with a quicker, controlled movement.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades