Learn how to do weighted stability ball crunches. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
Doing crunches on the stability ball works your abs with a wider range of motion than you can get with a floor crunch; adding a weight plate behind your head increases intensity across that wider range of motion.
Sit on a stability ball with your feet on the floor in front of you and approximately hip-width apart. Lie back on the stability ball so that your body is supported between the top of your buttocks and your shoulder blades, your abdominals are centered right at the top of the ball, and your head is hanging off the other side of the ball. Take a weight plate in both hands and place it behind your head with your head resting lightly on the plate and your elbows out to the side.
1. From the starting position, engage your core muscles and roll your upper body up until your shoulder blades are off the stability ball and your upper body just breaks the plane of being flat. Your head should still be resting lightly on the weight plate, but the plate should not be pulling your head up—use your arms to support the plate, but your abs to lift your upper body.
2. Reverse the motion and, with your core engaged, lower yourself back to starting position. Again, the weight plate should stay right behind your head.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades