The stiff leg deadlift is a great exercise for the hamstring and glute areas. The movement is relatively easy to perform. The key is to keep the lower back flat as you bend at the waist. Do not round the back on the way down. The preferred feet position is about shoulder width apart or less. The stiff leg deadlift can also be performed with the feet together.
Be sure to keep the legs "stiff" while performing this exercise. Begin by standing upright with a slight bend in the knees. The medicine ball should rest comfortably on the thigh area. The arms should be straight. Next, lower the med ball toward the feet. Keep the head up at all times. Also, be sure that the med ball is close to the legs as you go down. You should feel a stretch in the hamstrings when you reach the bottom of the movement. As you return to the starting position, focus on squeezing the glute muscles. This is particularly important as you approach the top of the movement.
Stand with the knees slightly bent, feet close. Med ball should rest on the thighs.
Lower the ball toward the feet until you feel the stretch. Keep the lower back flat.
Return to the upright position.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades