Learn how to do stability ball dumbbell skull crushers. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
Don't let the name scare you away from this tried-and-true triceps builder. Proper focus on technique and use of appropriate weights will keep you from bonking yourself on the head when doing skull crushers. Using the stability ball as your "bench" when doing this exercise adds additional difficulty because it forces you to focus on balance and core form, which means a better overall workout and stronger triceps in the long run.
With dumbbells in each hand, lie back on a stability ball so that your body weight is evenly distributed across your upper back. Your back should be touching the ball between the top of your lower back and the bottom of your neck; your head should also be resting on the ball. Extend your feet out until your knees are bent at close to a 90-degree angle and are firmly planted on the floor, hip-width apart.
Finally, extend your arms above your head and the dumbbells in your hands so that your palms are facing each other.
1. From the starting position, bend your elbows and bring the dumbbells down on either side of your head. To get the most work out of your triceps, try to keep your arms at a 45-degree angle throughout. You should feel your triceps engaged throughout.
2. When you have reached the bottom of the range of motion, reverse the movement by straightening your arms and bringing the dumbbells back to starting position.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades