If you want to improve balance and strength in the leg muscles, try the single leg deadlift (also called the single leg Romanian deadlift). This exercise is primarily going to work your hamstrings and butt. The single leg deadlift comes with a high degree of difficulty because it is performed on one leg. An advanced level of balance and muscular control is required for this exercise. Here are the instructions:
Stand with a medicine ball positioned near your thighs. On one leg, bend down to lower the med ball near your ankles. You can bend your leg slightly, but try to keep it locked into position as you bend down. Your back leg should kick back as you lower the ball. Return to the starting position. Repeat the exercise on the opposite leg.
Hold med ball near thighs.
Lower ball to ankles while on one leg. Keep leg locked in position with slight bend in knee.
Return to start position. Repeat.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades