How to Do a single cable scissor squat and row
Learn how to do a single cable scissor squat and row. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
The single cable scissor squat and row works the legs and back in unison, training strength, coordination, and balance.
Set up a cable row with a single-hand-grip attachment at the lowest height setting (just off the floor). Stand upright about four feet from the cable row machine, holding the grip attachment with your right hand. Make sure your right arm is straight and angled down toward the base of the cable row machine. Scissor your legs so that your left leg is bent slightly in front of you and your right leg is bent slightly behind you. Your right heel should be slightly off the floor.
1. From the starting position, do a scissor squat downward. Your front knee should be directly over your ankle, and your back heel will come fully off the floor. Keep your back straight and shoulders back as you lower down. Try to take your back knee as close as possible to the floor without compromising your form.
2. From the bottom of the squat, reverse position and come back up to the starting position.
3. As soon as you are standing, perform a single-arm cable row with your right arm by pulling the cable as far back as you can using your back muscles. Focus on retracting your right shoulder blade by wrapping your elbow back towards your spine.
4. When you have brought the cable back as far as you can, reverse direction and bring the cable back to starting position.
5. After you have finished 12 repetitions, switch the cable to the left hand and place the right leg forward for another 12 reps.