Learn how to do seated dumbbell shoulder presses. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
The standing dumbbell shoulder press works the core of the shoulder's deltoid muscle complex. Only do this exercise if your shoulders are free of pain or injury.
Sit at a flat bench with your feet shoulder-width apart and pointing forward and dumbbells held at your shoulders with your palms facing inward. Keep your head and back straight, knees slightly bent and the core of your body tight, while relaxing your chest. This keeps the focus on your shoulder muscles while you lift.
1. From the starting position, extend your arms by straightening your elbows directly over your head to full flexion of your shoulder muscle. Keep your elbows slightly bent at the top of the movement to avoid locking your joints.
2. Without stopping, and while maintaining the flexion in your deltoids, keep your arms wide and slowly bring the weights down until your arms are bent at nearly 90 degrees and the weights are back at shoulder level.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades