Learn how to do seated arnold presses. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
Good trainers love this strength-training exercise because it targets and isolates both the front and side heads of the deltoid muscles. Lowering the dumbbells gradually down in front allows terrific range of motion. Perform these exercises with a safe, controllable weight to protect your shoulders, and only do them if your shoulders are injury- and pain-free.
Lateral and anterior deltoids
Start in a sitting position with your back straight and head forward. Your chest should remain relaxed, and your core should remain tight to keep the focus on your shoulder muscles. Hold the dumbbells in each hand with your palms facing toward you at chest level. Do not arch your back.
1. From the starting position, press the weight straight overhead while slowly turning the dumbbells so your palms face away from your body when your arms are fully extended. The dumbbells should be shoulder-width apart at top of movement.
2. Without losing momentum, slowly return the dumbbells to the starting position.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades