The largest muscle in the back is scientifically known as the latissimus dorsi. You might see it referred to as the "lats" or "wings." The lats are used any time you pull something. For example, when you open a refrigerator or a car door, you are primarily using your lat muscles. The one arm lat pulldown is a great way to work the back. The following are instructions for performing this exercise:
Ensure that the single handle attachment is connected to the cable pulley. If the machine has leg pads, adjust them as needed. Grasp the handle and sit down with one arm extended. Pull the handle down to your shoulder area. Be sure to keep an erect posture (chest high and back arched). Slowly allow the cable to ascend to the starting position. Be sure to control the speed of the weight going up. Stop the momentum of the weight just short of allowing the elbows to fully extend. Repeat the exercise on both arms.
Grab cable handle. Sit down with arm extended.
Pull cable to shoulder area. Keep back straight, chest high.
Control momentum. Allow bar to ascend to starting point. Repeat as necessary.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades