The one arm dumbbell chest press is perfect for strengthening the pectoralis (chest) muscles. Most chest exercises involve compound movements, or the use of more than one joint. Invariably, the triceps and anterior deltoid are often involved in chest exercises.
Start by resting your upper back on the ball. The dumbbells should be positioned around the chest/shoulder area until you feel a light stretch. Once in position, simply press one dumbbell up by extending the elbow. Try not to lock the elbow during the extension phase. This will help to protect the important joint structures at the elbow joint. Perform several repetitions on one side, then repeat the same movement on the other side. You should exhale as you press the weight up.
Position upper back on ball. Position dumbbells around chest/shoulder area.
Extend one arm up, just short of locking the elbow. Exhale as you press the weight up.
Return to the starting position. Be sure to perform the same number of repetitions on each side.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades