Learn how to do a low single cable squat power cross punch. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
Squat, twist and punch. Squat, twist and punch. This combination exercise works the legs and the shoulders by combining one of the greatest leg exercises—the squat—with a power-focused cross-up punch from the shoulder using cable resistance for extra toughness.
Set up a cable row with a single-hand-grip attachment at the lowest height setting (just off the floor). Stand perpendicular to the cable system about four feet from the machine, with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart, toes pointing forward, and your right side toward the cable machine. Hold the grip attachment with your right elbow bent and hand at shoulder level, with your palm facing inward. Position your left hand opposite it, also facing inward, so that you are in a classic boxer defensive position.
1. From the starting position, bend your knees and perform a squat, keeping your weight a little more back on your heels than on your toes. Go down to the point where your quads are parallel to the floor without compromising your form.
2. When you have squatted down fully, reverse direction and begin to stand back up to starting position, keeping your knees slightly bent. As you stand out of the squat, begin to pivot and turn your upper body toward your left as you powerfully punch your right arm across your body and up diagonally at about a 45-degree angle. You should pivot through your hips, feet, and knees as you punch up and across. Your right heel will come off the ground as you punch.
3. When you have punched across and up until your arm is fully extended, reverse the motion, pivot back to center, and return your hands to the starting position.
4. Do the recommended number of reps punching with your right hand, and then turn around, switch the cable to your left hand, and repeat with a left-hand cross-up punch.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades