Learn how to do lean barbell single side rows. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
Side rows work the entire complex of muscles in your upper back. For this variation, you use a barbell rather than a dumbbell so that you can be certain you're controlling your arm's motion.
Hold an Olympic barbell with one end on the floor and the other in your right hand, holding just below the stack plate holder. The barbell will be on your right. You may wedge the low end of the barbell against a machine or wall to stabilize it. Take your right leg back to a slight lunge position and incline your upper body forward 45 degrees, keeping your back flat and your neck and head in line with your back.
1. From the starting position, bend your elbow and pull the end of the barbell up and back in a row. As you pull, be sure to keep your chest and upper body flat towards the floor, your spine and lower back flat, and your neck in line with your spine. Your elbow should stay close to your body; try to pull it slightly behind your back at the top of your motion.
2. Lower the bar back to the starting position and repeat for the number of reps specified.
3. After you have finished a set of rows on the right, switch sides. The barbell should be on your left side, held in your left hand, with your left foot back. Repeat for the specified number of reps on your left side. Widen your stance for more stability as you increase the weight and difficulty of this exercise.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades