External shoulder rotation exercises are done to work the rotator cuff. The rotator cuff consists of four muscles. They include the supraspinatus, infraspinatus, subscapularis, and teres minor. Each muscle works to rotate the arm externally (laterally) and internally (medially). The following are instructions for the cable external rotation shoulder exercise:
First, adjust the cable pulley to the height of your elbow. Grab the cable handle and stand perpendicular to the direction of the cable pulley. Bend your elbow so that your forearm crosses your stomach. Next, pull the cable handle away from your body as far as you can without moving your elbow. Your arm should move in a semicircular motion, with the elbow acting as a pivot point. Be sure to keep your upper body still at all times. If you find that you are shifting your elbow or upper body, lower the weight used.
Adjust pulley to elbow height. Grasp handle, position arm across stomach.
Keep elbow still. Move handle away from body in semicircular fashion.
Return to starting point. Repeat the exercise on both arms.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades