This exercise is great for shaping and strengthening the chest muscles. The chest is scientifically named the pectoralis. This muscle is used any time you push a chair up to the table, shut a car door, or push a shopping cart. There are two muscles that make up the pectoralis. They are the pectoralis major and minor. The pectoralis major is always the prime mover during chest exercises.
This exercise gets its name because the arms "fly out" to the sides. To begin, select a pair of dumbbells and sit on a stability ball. Position the ball on your upper back and hold the dumbbells over your chest. Touch the dumbbells together and slightly bend your elbows. Next, lower the dumbbells out to the sides until you feel a stretch in the chest muscles. Then squeeze the dumbbells back together. The key is to keep the arms locked into position throughout the movement. The elbows should never change position. Be sure to exhale as you squeeze the dumbbells together.
Position upper back on ball. Touch dumbbells together with elbows slightly bent.
Lower the dumbbells out to sides. Keep arms locked in position.
Squeeze dumbbells back together. Exhale.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades