Learn how to do dumbbell Turkish get-ups. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
Not many exercises let you be creative in your movements, but the dumbbell Turkish get-up is one of them. This exercise trains your entire body to work as a unit as you rise up from lying on your back on the floor to a standing position, all while continuously holding a dumbbell straight up above you. Dumbbell Turkish get-ups will improve your overall strength, balance, and coordination.
Lie flat on the floor with one arm holding a dumbbell. Extend the arm holding the dumbbell straight up above you so that it is perpendicular to the floor.
1. From the starting position, using any route possible, rise up to a standing position, keeping your dumbbell arm perpendicular to the floor at all times.
2. Once you have achieved a standing position, slowly lower yourself back down to the starting position on the floor, again keeping your dumbbell arm perpendicular to the floor.
3. Do a full set of eight repetitions with one arm, then switch to your other arm and do another eight repetitions. Be creative with trying new routes each time you go up and down.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades