Learn how to do step-ups. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
The one leg step-up is a simple and effective leg exercise that strengthens leg muscles while building balance and leg-muscle control.
Stand facing a flat bench with your arms up at the sides of your head with elbows bent, your hands gently cupping the sides of your head, and your feet hip-width apart.
1. From the starting position, step your left foot up onto the flat bench.
2. As soon as the left foot is on top of the flat bench, use the muscle of the left leg to bring the right foot powerfully up onto the flat bench.
3. As soon as the right foot is on top of the flat bench, reverse motion and bring the right foot back down to the floor. Leave the left foot up on the flat bench and perform an entire set with the left leg in the top position.
4. When you have finished a set with the left leg in the top position, reverse feet and repeat with the right leg in top position.
The dumbbell variation of the one-leg step-up is a more advanced version of the weights-free one-leg step-up. To do the dumbbell variation, simply hold the dumbbells in each hand at your sides with your palms facing inwards, then perform the steps outlined above.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades