Learn how to do dumbbell squat thrust with alternate lockouts, an advanced exercise. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
A strong legs and back demand a powerful core for support. Train all three with this exercise. You'll develop power and control, and you'll feel the results.
Stand upright with legs more than shoulder-width apart—your legs should be slightly wider than they would be in a standard squat thrust, because you will need the wider stance to help you balance. Hold dumbbells in each hand; your arms should be at your sides and your palms facing inward, with your thumbs forward. Important note: If you haven't done this exercise before, try it first without using dumbbells to start, then add in very light dumbbells later and slowly work up in weight over time.
1. From the starting position, bend your knees and lower yourself into a fully squatted position, with the dumbbells in your hands resting on the floor between your feet. Keep your back flat, and do not change the inward-facing orientation of your palms from the starting position.
2. From the squatted position, immediately kick your feet back into the plank position in one fluid motion. Your shoulder blades should be flat; do not round your upper back.
3. In the plank position, contract your abs as you slowly and deliberately raise your right arm up so that it is parallel to your side, keeping your elbow straight. Lower the right arm and repeat with the left arm. It is crucial that you maintain total control throughout the movement. Focus on form throughout, and go as slowly as you need to.
4. After you have lowered the left arm and are back in plank position, lift up your feet and shoot them back towards your hands, landing them back at the squatted position.
5. Stand up from the squat, returning to the starting position. Repeat this exercise 16 times for a full set.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades