Learn how to do dumbbell front raises. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
You've probably been doing dumbbell front raises since you first started working out, and in this case, an old standard is a good thing. Dumbbell front raises isolate and work the front of the shoulder.
Stand upright with a dumbbell in each hand. Allow your arms to hang straight down in front of you, just in front of your thighs but not resting on them, with your palms facing inward and your elbows slightly bent.
1. From the starting position, engage your shoulders and quickly lift the dumbbells up in a scooping motion, bringing them up in front of you with arms extended. As your arms rise, bring your hands together toward the midline of your body, such that you end with your arms at chin level and weights less than shoulder-width apart.
2. From the top of your motion, reverse direction and lower your arms back to the starting position.
You may do this exercise with one arm at a time if you wish. To do so, start with an entire set with one arm, and then do an entire set with the other arm. Alternating arms leaves too much rest time between repetitions for each arm.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades