The use of chains as a strength training aid has become increasingly popular over recent years. Chains are used for accommodating resistance; a technique that involves creating maximal tension throughout a full range of motion.
Typically, a person is stronger at certain point of a lift than they are at others (e.g. half squat vs full squat). To overcome the differentiation in resistance, chains are used to accommodate changes in strength at different phases of the movement. Ultimately, your muscles will have to work harder because of the chains.
Here is what you can expect to feel while squatting with chains:
* Awkwardness due to the change in directional forces
* A progressive weight increase as each chain link is elevated off the floor
The following are instructions for performing squats with chains:
First, secure the chains in place. Disengage the bar from the rack and position your feet shoulder width apart or wider. Your toes should be pointed slightly outward. Squat down until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Be sure to keep a straight back posture as you squat. Finally, ascend back up to the starting position. Be sure to exhale as you stand up. Chain squats should be done slowly and with control. Do not bounce out of the squat position. Repeat the exercise as needed.
Disengage bar from rack. Set feet shoulder width apart or wider. Toes turned slightly outward.
Slowly squat down to parallel position.
Stand up. Exhale.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades